Senior Supportive Living in Ponoka & Rimbey
As people age, they're faced with the decision of living somewhere that can best meet their needs for their health and well-being. The decision becomes even more pressing when considering finances. The mandate of the Seniors Lodge program is to provide affordable room and board for senior citizens who are functionally independent or functionally independent with the assistance of existing community-based services. It is important for seniors to reside somewhere that improves and compliments their physical and mental health. Our senior supportive living options allow our residents to continue their independence but receive help when needed. Living with like minded people can be beneficial.
Why Choose Rimoka Housing Foundation?
Rimoka Housing Foundation has a legacy of being a great solution to retirement in Ponoka and Rimbey. Our programs are well designed to provide the finest care to our residents by our dedicated and friendly staff in a home like environment. Our senior lodges in Ponoka and Rimbey are audited by and in compliance with the standards set by the Government of Alberta.
Our Senior Supportive Living Amenities
Are you at an age where you are in search of a residence that feels like home, but offers supportive services? The Rimoka Housing Foundation offers various amenities to help with senior supportive living at both our facilities:
Nutritious meals three times a day with plenty of options - Housekeeping and laundry services - Cable or Satellite TV (depending on the selected lodge) - Fitness activities - Social activities and musical entertainment - Gardens and Outdoor Areas to enjoy - Library and Games - Tuck shop/Canteen
What Makes Rimoka Housing Foundation Special?
Rimoka Housing Foundation is known as a senior living space where smiles matter. Our facilities aren't just a place to live, they are lodges that nurture the heart and soul of our energetic residents. Thoughtfully built lodges blended with care and likeminded people is exactly what Rimoka Housing Foundation offers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's included and what to bring?
- The lodge has basic furniture which is limited to a single bed with mattress, a night table, a dresser, a mirror and a desk. Window coverings are also available.
- Residents are encouraged to bring their own furniture and to decorate/personalize their rooms and make them feel more like home.
- If bringing your own furnishings, please check with the office to ensure that they meet lodge standards.
- To ensure a safe living environment, please do not overcrowd the room. Ensure doorways are not blocked, cords are not a tripping hazard, etc.
- Ceiling hooks are not permitted.
- Hooks, screws and nails are not permitted on the main door or bathroom door.
- Please use proper hangers when hanging pictures. If you need help hanging a picture or lifting things, please ask the staff for help.
- Residents are responsible for the maintenance of (and repairs to) their own personal furniture and equipment.
- The Rimoka Housing Foundation is not responsible for loss or damage to personal articles.
- Pillows and a Quilt
- Own bed (please check with staff to see what size can fit)
- Pictures for the walls
- TV, DVD player, etc.
- Radio and a clock
- Chair and/or a Recliner
- Personal Care Items
- Any equipment you use (eg. walker, wheelchair)
- small bar-type fridges
- small microwaves (only in some lodges; please check with the lodge)
- tea kettles or coffee pots with safety shut-off
- iron with safety shut-off
- curling irons with automatic shut-off
- power bars with safety shut-off
- extension cords that meet safety standards
- toasters and toaster ovens
- frying pans and hot plates
- electric heaters
- halogen lights/lamps
- A resident's valuables and property are to be clearly marked for identification.
- Residents shall manage their own business and finances, or to instruct a family member to do so on their behalf.
- Staff will not handle cash on a resident's behalf.
- The lodge office will not cash cheques for the residents.
- Staff is not responsible for any misplaced or missing article